We have launched some new support for people and organisations involved in Shared Lives and Homeshare:
- A Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) helpline, staffed by experts from British Institute for Learning Disabilities (Bild) and supported by government and NHS England. Psychologist have taken the first calls helping Shared Lives carers who are finding behaviours challenging now that people are at home, with routines disrupted and day services closed.
- A free subscription service for Shared Lives carers who are not members of Shared Lives Plus: this will make sure essential information and peer support gets to all Shared Lives carers during lockdown. This will run to at least June.
- More regular support and network calls with all the UK’s Homeshare organisations.
- Our ‘cuppa for carers’ catch up with # carers and our support team – Tuesdays and Thursdays 3pm on Zoom – email us and click on the link we send or dial in: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are working hard on the issue of income replacement for self-employed Shared Lives carers, with the backing of politicians of all parties. We are liaising with Treasury officials to ensure that the Chancellor’s income support scheme works with the Shared Lives tax break.
- We are supporting Shared Lives schemes to get vital PPE equipment and access to other initiatives which should be available to the whole of social care.